Public agencies, such as boards and councils, play a vital role in advancing the priorities of Enterprise and Advanced Education and supporting the businesses of Campus Alberta and Alberta Innovates. They do this by
- providing coordination, planning and policy advice to the Minister
- governing institutions and corporations
- providing services to the public
Although they operate with varying levels of autonomy, all report to the Minister. Learn more about these agencies:
- Post-Secondary Institution Boards
- Campus Alberta Advisory Boards and Councils
- Research and Innovation Boards
Promoting good governance of the province’s agencies
As part of government’s efforts to ensure accountability to Albertans for taxpayer resources, policy and legislation have been put into place to ensure responsible, consistent, and transparent agency governance.
Learn more about the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act (APAGA).