The following services are closed for the holiday season and will reopen in the New Year:
- AIT Offices (Apprenticeship and Industry Training)
- Student Aid Call Centre
- Connector Service
- Business Advisor Service at the Business Link
- Dec. 24th – open until noon
- Dec. 25th and 26th – closed
- Dec. 29th and 30th – open regular hours
- Dec. 31st – open until noon
- Jan. 1st and 2nd – closed
Alberta sets vision for future economic growth
Alberta’s Economic Development Framework will help strengthen and broaden the provincial economy and build Alberta’s resilience through “boom-and-bust” economic cycles. The Framework encourages a diverse economic development community to rally around a shared vision for the Alberta economy. See Learn more.
Alberta Small Business Resources is a directory of business resources for new and established entrepreneurs. Find out more about how Alberta’s new Small Business Strategy is setting the stage for business success.
The Ministry of Innovation and Advanced Education is responsible for the following:
- Works closely with Campus Alberta partners and stakeholders to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed.
- Funds public post-secondary institutions in Alberta, approves programs of study, and licenses and certifies private post-secondary institutions.
- Supports accessible, affordable and quality advanced learning opportunities for all Albertans, including providing student aid and scholarships and bursaries to eligible students.
- Develops ways for students to easily transition within the advanced education system.
Apprenticeship and Trades
- Develops program standards with industry.
- Counsels apprentices and employers.
- Provides funding for approved programs.
- Certifies apprentices and occupational trainees.
- Funds education providers, including research.
- Approves programs of study.
- Licenses and certifies education providers.
Student FundingProvides financial resources to Albertans to support their post-secondary education, including:
- Supports provincial and regional economic development in Alberta
- Works with the Alberta Economic Development Authority, Northern Alberta Development Council, industry sectors, businesses, communities and the Regional Economic Development Alliances to grow the province’s economy and make Alberta globally attractive and competitive.
- Works with the Competitiveness Initiative to help make Alberta one of the most attractive places to invest and do business
- Promotes a vibrant and diverse set of non-energy industry sectors that are continually growing and innovating
- Provides economic development policy and analysis to increase people’s awareness and understanding of investing in Alberta.
Research and Innovation
- Provides funding and strategic leadership for Alberta’s research and innovation system, including:
- Alberta Innovates: Bio Solutions
- Alberta Innovates: Health Solutions
- Alberta Innovates: Energy and Environment Solutions
- Alberta Innovates: Technology Futures
- Provides secretariat support to the Alberta Research and Innovation Authority.
- Facilitates technology commercialization and development to build knowledge-intensive industries in Alberta.
- Connects innovators with the right partner to collaborate on new initiatives and realize new opportunities
- Supports work on the Social Innovation Endowment