Alberta Advanced Education
Alberta Advanced Education focuses on the province’s adult learning system and financial supports for adult students.
The Alberta government is committed to an accessible and affordable adult learning system. Education helps unlock the potential in our society. Creative, passionate and hardworking graduates help Alberta remain strong and competitive in a global environment. Whether enrolled in certificate programs or doctoral studies, apprenticeship or diploma programs; graduates from Alberta’s adult learning system contribute to making the province better every day.
The Ministry of Advanced Education is responsible for the following:
- Works closely with Campus Alberta partners and stakeholders to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed.
- Funds public post-secondary institutions in Alberta, approves programs of study, and licenses and certifies private post-secondary institutions.
- Supports accessible, affordable and quality advanced learning opportunities for all Albertans, including providing student aid and scholarships and bursaries to eligible students.
- Develops ways for students to easily transition within the advanced education system.
Provides financial resources to Albertans for foundational learning and to support their post-secondary education, including:
- Student Aid Alberta
- funding for apprentices
- a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries
- Financial support for basic skills, academic upgrading, English as a Second Language and tuition- based occupational training under 12 weeks duration.
Apprenticeship and Trades
The Deputy Minister is Rod Skura.