Alberta’s post-secondary institutions are key players in
- advancing the Campus Alberta vision
- providing world-class learning experiences
- generating the human and information resources that will lead the province’s knowledge-driven future
The role of the department varies depending on the type of institution:
Publicly funded institutions
- Publicly Funded Institutions: institutions (both public and independent) that receive several types of funding from Enterprise and Advanced Education and are accountable to the Minister.
Other institutions and training options
- Private Vocational Training Institutions: businesses or organizations that offer Albertans employment-ready training and provide an important array of educational choices.
- Other Institutions with Approved Degrees: institutions approved by the Minister to offer certain degree programs. These institutions are either based outside of Alberta or operate on a for-profit model.
- Interprovincial Training Agreements: unique programs offered in other Canadian provinces for which Advanced Education and Technology has secured space for Alberta residents.